Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) Payments
There are a number of schemes under the European Union's Common Agricultural Policy (CAP), funded through the European Agricultural Guarantee Fund and the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development.
- The European Agricultural Guarantee Fund (EAGF) mainly finances direct payments to farmers and land managers. This includes the single area payment scheme.
- The European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD) finances the EU's rural development programmes.
This information has been released in accordance with European legislation aimed at improving transparency in relation to expenditure incurred in implementation of the Common Agriculture Policy, under EU Regulation 1306/2013.
The data has been gathered and published by the UK Co-ordinating Body (UKCB), which supports the payment agencies in the UK regions (e.g. DAERA in Northern Ireland) in administering CAP.
The 2014 dataset was used in the Detail Data story How much the EU funds Northern Ireland: should we stay or should we go?
- For Rural Development measures that are co-financed by national funding, the total amount of subsidy (EC + national) is published.
- Beneficiaries receiving less than €1,250 in total (equivalent to £1,045 in 2014 and £972 in 2015) have their names anonymised.
- The spreadsheet consists of separate tabs for each UK Paying Agency’s data.
Data and Resources
Dataset InfoThese fields are compatible with DCAT, an RDF vocabulary designed to facilitate interoperability between data catalogs published on the Web.
Contains public sector information from the UK Co-ordinating Body published under the Open Government Licence version 3.
|Spatial / Geographical Coverage Area (WKT)|
POLYGON ((-8.70117 60.8021, 2.10938 60.8021, 2.10938 50.1206, -8.70117 50.1206, -8.70117 60.8021))
|Spatial / Geographical Coverage Location|
16/10/2013 to 15/10/2014
Year: EU Financial Year | BeneficiaryCode: unique identifier for beneficiary | BeneficiaryName_F201: anonymised for payments < €1,250 | PostcodePrefix_F202B: Postcode district (e.g. BT1) | TownCity_F202C: local area | OtherEAGFTotal: non-aid from the European Agricultural Guarantee Fund (EAGF) | DirectEAGFTotal: direct aid payments under the EAGF (includes Single Area Payment, additional and other direct aid) | RuralDevelopmentTotal: payment from the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD) | Total: | PayingAgencyLink: name of member state paying agency (4 UK nations) | *remaining columns (54)*: *breakdown of payments*
UK Coordinating Body